PDA

View Full Version : Problems compiling Qwt 6.1

prophetofreason
16th January 2013, 14:13
Greetings,
I'm trying to compile Qwt 6.1 rc2 using Qt 5.0.0 with the MSVC2010 professional on a Win 7 machine. I'm compiling both for the x86 platform. The Qwt source was obtained from the latest zip archive on sourceforge. The error I'm getting during compilation of Qwt 6.1 is

cd src\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\Qt-5.0.0-vs2010-shared32\qtbase\bin\qmake.exe C:\Qt\qwt-6.1.0-rc2\src\src.pro -o Makefile ) && "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -f Makefile
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -f Makefile.Debug all
compiling .\qwt_abstract_scale_draw.cpp .\qwt_clipper.cpp .\qwt_color_map.cpp .\qwt_column_symbol.cpp .\qwt_date.cpp .\qwt_date_scale_draw.cpp .\qwt_date_scale_engine.cpp .\qwt_dyngrid_layout.cpp .\qwt_event_pattern.cpp .\qwt_graphic.cpp .\qwt_interval.cpp .\qwt_interval_symbol.cpp .\qwt_math.cpp .\qwt_magnifier.cpp .\qwt_null_paintdevice.cpp .\qwt_painter.cpp .\qwt_painter_command.cpp .\qwt_panner.cpp .\qwt_picker.cpp .\qwt_picker_machine.cpp .\qwt_pixel_matrix.cpp .\qwt_point_3d.cpp .\qwt_point_polar.cpp .\qwt_round_scale_draw.cpp .\qwt_scale_div.cpp .\qwt_scale_draw.cpp .\qwt_scale_map.cpp .\qwt_spline.cpp .\qwt_scale_engine.cpp .\qwt_symbol.cpp .\qwt_system_clock.cpp .\qwt_text_engine.cpp .\qwt_text_label.cpp .\qwt_text.cpp .\qwt_transform.cpp .\qwt_widget_overlay.cpp .\qwt_curve_fitter.cpp .\qwt_abstract_legend.cpp .\qwt_legend.cpp .\qwt_legend_data.cpp .\qwt_legend_label.cpp .\qwt_plot.cpp .\qwt_plot_renderer.cpp .\qwt_plot_xml.cpp .\qwt_plot_axis.cpp .\qwt_plot_curve.cpp .\qwt_plot_dict.cpp .\qwt_plot_directpainter.cpp .\qwt_plot_grid.cpp .\qwt_plot_histogram.cpp .\qwt_plot_item.cpp .\qwt_plot_abstract_barchart.cpp .\qwt_plot_barchart.cpp .\qwt_plot_multi_barchart.cpp .\qwt_plot_intervalcurve.cpp .\qwt_plot_zoneitem.cpp .\qwt_plot_tradingcurve.cpp .\qwt_plot_spectrogram.cpp .\qwt_plot_spectrocurve.cpp .\qwt_plot_scaleitem.cpp .\qwt_plot_legenditem.cpp .\qwt_plot_seriesitem.cpp .\qwt_plot_shapeitem.cpp .\qwt_plot_marker.cpp .\qwt_plot_textlabel.cpp .\qwt_plot_layout.cpp .\qwt_plot_canvas.cpp .\qwt_plot_panner.cpp .\qwt_plot_rasteritem.cpp .\qwt_plot_picker.cpp .\qwt_plot_zoomer.cpp .\qwt_plot_magnifier.cpp .\qwt_plot_rescaler.cpp .\qwt_point_mapper.cpp .\qwt_raster_data.cpp .\qwt_matrix_raster_data.cpp .\qwt_sampling_thread.cpp .\qwt_series_data.cpp .\qwt_point_data.cpp .\qwt_scale_widget.cpp .\qwt_plot_svgitem.cpp .\qwt_plot_glcanvas.cpp .\qwt_abstract_slider.cpp .\qwt_abstract_scale.cpp .\qwt_arrow_button.cpp .\qwt_analog_clock.cpp .\qwt_compass.cpp .\qwt_compass_rose.cpp .\qwt_counter.cpp .\qwt_dial.cpp .\qwt_dial_needle.cpp .\qwt_knob.cpp .\qwt_slider.cpp .\qwt_thermo.cpp .\qwt_wheel.cpp
qwt_abstract_scale_draw.cpp
c:\qt\qwt-6.1.0-rc2\src\qwt_global.h(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'qglobal.h': No such file or directory
qwt_clipper.cpp
c:\qt\qwt-6.1.0-rc2\src\qwt_global.h(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'qglobal.h': No such file or directory
qwt_color_map.cpp
qwt_column_symbol.cpp

It's obviously having a problem locating qglobal.h for some reason. Any advice would be appreciated.

Uwe
16th January 2013, 17:53
Disable "CONFIG += silent" in qwtbuild.pri and check the include paths qmake adds as compiler options.

Uwe

prophetofreason
16th January 2013, 18:22
Disable "CONFIG += silent" in qwtbuild.pri and check the include paths qmake adds as compiler options.

Uwe

Greetings,
I disabled the above option, but the output didn't change when I tried to build Qwt. I cleaned and rebuilt Qwt and observed no change (see attached capture of the output).

Thanks,
Ryan8587

Pluvius
16th January 2013, 21:11
I've tried building qwt-6.0.1 with qt-5.0.0, and got the exact errors, I've switched back to 4.8.4 and it worked like a charm !

prophetofreason
16th January 2013, 23:36
Ok, after cleaning and manually deleting all Makefiles, the verbose mode works by commenting out "CONFIG += silent". Now the libraries appear to build properly, and there is no more complaints about qglobal.h. However the process now fails when trying to build the designer plugin with "qwt_designer_plugin.h(23): Error: Undefined interface". Thoughts?

Uwe
17th January 2013, 06:47
Probably another problem on your side - hard to say without knowing what you have done so far.

Uwe

prophetofreason
17th January 2013, 14:49
Yeah, I'll continue to investigate. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something completely obvious. Thanks for your help and and all your work on this great plotting package.

Ryan