PDA

View Full Version : Configuring Qwt and running chart applications on ARM board

nitin_867
23rd January 2013, 07:32
Hi,

I am using Qtsdk5.0(libraries, qtcrator etc) on Ubuntu 10.04 and configure qwt6.0 by following below steps on command terminal:
1. Set QMAKESPEC in .bashrc file : QMAKESPEC=/opt/Qt5.0/5.0.0/gcc/mkspecs/linux-g++-32
2. Set qmake path in .bashrc file : export PATH=$PATH:/opt/Qt5.0/5.0.0/gcc/bin
3. root@nitin: /home/nitin/x86/qwt-6.1.0-rc2# qmake qwt.pro
4. root@nitin: /home/nitin/x86/qwt-6.1.0-rc2# make && make install
5. Ran sample binaries(x86) of different charts.
5. Also i created some qwt chart projects in QtCreator by adding Qwt libraries in project.

But while following similar steps (except QMAKESPEC and qmake path) for ARM board, it is giving me error at the time of make command. Please see the output below:
root@nitin: /home/nitin/arm/qwt-6.1.0-rc2# qmake qwt.pro (this qmake is from Ti-sitara SDK)
root@nitin: /home/nitin/arm/qwt-6.1.0-rc2# make

output:
cd src/ && /home/cts/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-05.05.00.00/linux-devkit/bin/qmake /home/cts/Desktop/arm/qwt-6.1.0-rc2/src/src.pro -o Makefile
cd src/ && make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cts/Desktop/arm/qwt-6.1.0-rc2/src'
compiling qwt_abstract_scale_draw.cpp
/bin/sh: -c: not found
make[1]: *** [obj/qwt_abstract_scale_draw.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cts/Desktop/arm/qwt-6.1.0-rc2/src'
make: *** [sub-src-make_default-ordered] Error 2

In simple words qmake of Qt5.0-sdk is working fine with Qwt-charts, but qmake of ti-sdk doesn't.
I want ti run these Qwt chart application on AM335x EVM board (arm board with sitara linux operating system, Qt framework/stack included within architecture. Please see theis link: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Sitara_Linux_Software_Developer%E2%80%99s_Guide#Li nux_Software_Stack ).

Please post me any solution to above issue. thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nitin

Uwe
23rd January 2013, 07:57
Should be a problem of your Qt installation.

Remove the line "CONFIG += silent" from qwtbuild.pri and start qmake + make again. Now you can check what's wrong with the command used for compilation.

Uwe

nitin_867
23rd January 2013, 13:41
Hi Owe,

Thanks for replying to my query.
I followed your instruction, but seems like the problem persistence.. Please see the attached file for make output.

Something messed up with qMax(function)
Error: no matching function for call to 'qMax(double, qreal)'

Thanks

Uwe
23rd January 2013, 13:57
I followed your instruction, but seems like the problem persistence..
Of course the modification was only to see the commands started from make.

You need Qwt from SVN trunk ( I compiled Qwt 6.1 on the ARM myself and have fixed these issues already ) - or you wait for rc3 what is coming this week ( maybe today ).

Uwe

nitin_867
24th January 2013, 09:41
Uwe,

Its not getting configured with arm-arago-linux-gnueabi- toolchains while "make"

Please see the error below while compiling qwt_graphic.cpp file::
qwt_graphic.cpp: In member function 'void QwtGraphic::setDefaultSize(const QSizeF&)':
qwt_graphic.cpp:518:46: error: no matching function for call to 'qMax(double, qreal)'
qwt_graphic.cpp:519:47: error: no matching function for call to 'qMax(double, qreal)'
make[1]: *** [obj/qwt_graphic.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cts/Desktop/arm/arm-qwt-6.1.0-rc2/src'
make: *** [sub-src-make_default-ordered] Error 2

Any suggestion to this? Will rc3 be able to resolve the issue.? Thanks

Uwe
24th January 2013, 10:51
The same question - the same answer,

Uwe

nitin_867
24th January 2013, 13:16
I compiled Qwt 6.1 on the ARM myself and have fixed these issues already
Uwe

Could you please list down the steps you did for quoted message. Thanks

Uwe
24th January 2013, 13:32
Again: the code is fixed in SVN trunk ( and will be in rc1 ). Check the SVN log yourself if you are really interested in more details.
If you insist on fixing an old version cast the qreals ( on ARM these are floats ) to doubles in the offending qMin/qMax statements.

Uwe