PDA

View Full Version : Autohide Dockable Toolbar

ajit.gupta123
24th January 2013, 09:59
I need to create QT GUI which has dockable toolbar like in Visual Studio or auto hide taskbar in Windows OS.

It will be basically a dockable toolbar with some floating bitmaps. It's like the bottom bar in windows with the start button. Normally it's docked, meaning all the other windows are smaller than full screen and make room for the dock. But you can also make it auto-hide, in which case all the windows are full-screen and go to the bottom of the screen, but when you move your mouse over the bottom edge, then it pops up on top of the existing windows. This app I need will work the same way, it will have 3 modes: 1) free-floating popup, like a normal window. 2) docked toolbar that stays locked at the top, left or right of the screen and the desktop and all other windows are reduced to fit within the dock, and 3) auto hide where it's on the top, left, or right of the screen but hidden until you move your mouse over the edge and then it
appears.
can u tell me if QT development environment can help me for this?

wysota
25th January 2013, 19:26
Sure, I don't see why not. It all depends what you really want. The most basic approach you can take is to use QDockWidget. A more complicated one would involve a custom widget for the dock and a custom layout class, similar to what QMainWindow has (but collapsible).

ajit.gupta123
28th January 2013, 06:10
Hi Wysota,

Thanks for reply. I have toolbar which has arrow button on which user can click to see all button. For e.g., please check the snapshot here as attachment.

1. Before.jpg -> in this image, there is arrow button just below all menu button which is show in this image with hightlighted circle8636

2. After.jpg -> after the click the arrow button which display the toolbar buttons which is shown in this image with highlighted image.8637

Can you please tell me some ideas to implement this design. which qt class should be use like QMainWindow or QDockWidget or QToolBar etc..

-Ajit

wysota
28th January 2013, 06:17
which qt class should be use like QMainWindow or QDockWidget or QToolBar etc..
Most probably all of these you mentioned. QDockWidget would be optional though.

ajit.gupta123
28th January 2013, 12:05
I used the QDockWidget to implement this design same as in follows:
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/9804

But it's not working as per our design.

Can you please tell me how can add auto hide toolbar/window functionality to this.

Thanks,
Ajit