PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to build Qt 5 without opengl or webkit using Win SDK?

astodolski
24th January 2013, 17:42
The out of the box Qt 5 SDK is heavy with dependencies which are not needed for even the simplest of apps. I am trying to re-build from source on a Windows 7 machine with Win SDK 7.1, Active Perl, Python tools installed. I use the following configure command line:

configure -developer-build -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests -no-opengl -no-icu

The first error appears as in kernel\qplatformopenglcontext.cpp. Many more follow and the build falls down.

Has anyone encountered this? The build machine is virgin except for the tools needed for the build. No Visual Studio, .NET.

wysota
25th January 2013, 18:21
I don't think Qt5 in its default config can build without OpenGL(ES) support. Unless of course you only need QtCore and QtNetwork and not QtGui/QtWidgets.

astodolski
25th January 2013, 21:38
I don't think Qt5 in its default config can build without OpenGL(ES) support. Unless of course you only need QtCore and QtNetwork and not QtGui/QtWidgets.

Perhaps. I've tried it from source with the configure line -no-opengl -no-icu. This is suppose to rebuild without Webkit and OpenGL support. These two modules add approximately an additional 30 MB of dependencies. Compare that to just two DLL dependencies from version 4.8.4.

Anyway, the build fails to complete at a Qt5PrintSupport.dll shown in the build log here (http://pastebin.com/Fcb2g4Tv)

wysota
25th January 2013, 21:47
You can disable the print support module altogether. It's a separate library.

astodolski
28th January 2013, 15:01
You can disable the print support module altogether. It's a separate library.

There doesn't appear to be an option to bypass building that module at least as a configure option.