PDA

View Full Version : A new project

Jake123
25th January 2013, 16:55
Hey,
I am starting a new project in which I have 7 pages each with different tools on - I want to be able to switch between these pages using push buttons on each page and then use the specific tool on that page (calculator, calender etc)

I am wondering how i should go about coding this, i am not particularly asking for any code but how i should lay it out and how i can use pushbuttons to navigate between several pages, from each page. I have understanding of signals and slots but not how i can switch the pages without litteraly closing then opening widgets which is slow and not very appealing for the user.

Please note that I don't really want to use a Tab bar, i want to use pushbuttons which i can modify and place where I want to navigate pages with ease

Thanks in advance for any help and I appreciate patience as this is a project I am using to become more familiar with Qt and learn the best ways of coding GUI's :)

Edit: Also i would like to add that I do not want to use Forms, all of this will be coded :D

Lesiok
25th January 2013, 17:55
Read about QStackedWidget.

Jake123
25th January 2013, 18:04
Read about QStackedWidget.

Perfect! Just what I was looking for, I was trying "TabWidget" but it just wasnt giving me the results I wanted, but StackedWidget has worked perfectly!

Thanks for your help!

Jake123
25th January 2013, 23:29
After a few hours I have got the buttons working perfectly in QStackedWidget, thanks again!