PDA

View Full Version : Qt5 Subversion Integration

Sabre Runner
28th January 2013, 09:00
I've tried following every guide I could find on the subject to no avail.
I've installed SlikSvn and the IDE recognizes it. The Subversion Panel of my Options window looks fine.
It's the General tab that's giving me trouble. I'm not sure what to put in all those lines.
And when I give it something, anything, it won't give me the option to choose Subversion version control when I start a new project.

How do I do this right? Please help.

wysota
28th January 2013, 11:42
What are we talking about here? Do you mean Qt Creator or some application of yours?

Sabre Runner
28th January 2013, 11:48
Qt Creator. I'm trying to get Subversion integration so I could save my projects.

wysota
28th January 2013, 11:56
So what exactly is the problem?

Sabre Runner
28th January 2013, 14:17
I don't know how to configure Qt for Subversion. I obviously did something wrong because, when I start a new project, I don't get the option of choosing subversion for version control.

wysota
28th January 2013, 14:22
I don't get that option too but subversion support works just fine once the repository is in place.

Sabre Runner
28th January 2013, 16:05
How do I set it up?
Assuming I already have an existing project.

wysota
28th January 2013, 19:29
It depends on the client you're using. I'm using commandline, so assuming you have a repository somewhere (created with svnadmin create or equivalent) you do svn import and you're done.

Sabre Runner
29th January 2013, 08:58
I'm using SlikSvn. It's also a command line client.
I wanted to set it up with Google Code as a repository.
Now, I got the authentication and the right address for the repository but where do I put it in?
I can't find anywhere in my project to tell it to use that and when I start a new one there isn't even an option to use Subversion.

wysota
29th January 2013, 10:45
I don't know your client so it is hard for me to help you. If it conforms with the syntax of the classic client then you can put your credentials into QtCreator configuration. If not, then checkout the repository manually, making sure the client stores the user and password in the repository as well and you won't need to worry about providing the password again as the client will pick it up automatically.

Sabre Runner
29th January 2013, 12:20
So I understand that I should check out the empty repository and then move over my project's files and everything will be alright?

wysota
29th January 2013, 13:03
Yes, I think that's the easiest approach. Just remember to add those files to the repository.

Sabre Runner
30th January 2013, 10:23
Seems to have worked perfectly. Thanks.