PDA

View Full Version : Embed a running process to a container

danics
3rd February 2013, 15:08
Hi,

i have 9 running application, i want create a widget, with 3 frame (QX11EmbedContainer) and 3 combobox to choose which application must show in current frame, can i change current process with a running process in a frame?

thanks.

maximebd
5th February 2013, 15:07
Well, since no one has answered you yet, here's my two cent. It would be nice to have a little bit more information about what you are trying to achieve and in what context. Right now, I have to assume you are doing this on Linux since you use the QX11 classes and that you want to change a process into an other one. Well, I don't think that is possible. On Linux, if you call exec* (i.e. execvp(execPath, args) function) the current process is replaced by the newly invoked process and exec* never returns. However, I know of no functions that will replace the current process with an already running one.

What you could do is to have your QX11EmbedContainer (QX11EmbedContainer) become "full screen" within your application. Since the documentation for the QX11EmbedContainer state that all events are propagated down, it would basically result in the same as having the current process replaced by the embedded one.

Maxime

danics
6th February 2013, 07:54
i agree with you i cant do something like this, so i used QStackedwidget and i send to every process that is not used to sleep for long time and i wake them with another signal, i cant think of better plan, if you have please suggest.
thanks