PDA

View Full Version : Tab order ignored in QGroupBox

adskol
24th January 2007, 18:17
Greeting all,
I've designed a form in QT Designer 4.2.2 and have a QGroupBox with four radio buttons (autoExclusive = true) in it. Using Designer, I've specified the tab order of the buttons to be sequential. Yet when I tab through the objects in the form, I tab approapriately to the first radiobutton in the GroupBox, but then upon tabbing again, the focus goes to the next indexed item OUTSIDE the GroupBox. That is, by skipping over the next three radio buttons the tabbing order of the buttons has been ignored . If I instead select a different button (e.g. checked = True) , the tabbing will focus on that button, but additional tabbing will skip all the other buttons.

It seems that this is likely due to the buttons being autoExclusive. Is there a way to ensure the correct tabbing order other than changing the buttons to have autoExclusive = false and scripting the autoexclusiveness property myself?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew

e8johan
26th January 2007, 08:26
What you describe is the standard behaviour. You can pick the radiobutton to be active using the arrow keys and then leave the group using tab.

If you want to try your theory you could just change the property in Designer and preview the dialog there. Handling the exclusivity is just about having a slot that makes sure that when one is set to true the rest are made false. It should not be too hard to implement.

netmat
5th April 2010, 05:42
hi e8johan & all,

I am a new bee in Qt and GUI programming. I know its easy to implement to auto exclusivity but i m not being able to do that.
Is there any signal that need to be handled or event to be processed? When will the slot will be called to implement this feature?

I have implemented the feature using click () signal for each radio button and connecting a slot for each radio button.
It worked for mouse click, not not for pressing tab or arrow. I want the tab to navigate each button. and while navigating make it checked and other unchecked. This is the reason i m not making them auto exclusive in designer.

It will be a great help if u show me the way to implement this tab order on radio buttons.

Lots of thanks!!!!