PDA

View Full Version : Generating an exe file from a Qt project on fedora

sliverTwist
28th February 2013, 14:37
Hello

I am new over here could you tell me please how to generate a .exe file from a qt project in a Fedora Os ???

alrawab
28th February 2013, 16:55
http://silmor.de/qtstuff.cross.php
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7128

ChrisW67
28th February 2013, 23:26
I am new over here could you tell me please how to generate a .exe file from a qt project in a Fedora Os ???

Do you want to produce a Windows executable on a Linux machine or are you just wanting to build the project to get an executable program for the Linux environment? alrawab's suggestions are to do the former; a much more involved thing than the latter.

alrawab
1st March 2013, 03:12
Do you want to produce a Windows executable on a Linux machine or are you just wanting to build the project to get an executable program for the Linux environment? alrawab's suggestions are to do the former; a much more involved thing than the latter.
how to build /or get excutable for Qt project != generate a .exe file from a qt project in a Fedora Os as i guess

sliverTwist
1st March 2013, 07:02
Well the project is on fedora Os but i want to generate exe file to import it to the windows Os

sliverTwist
1st March 2013, 14:43
Well the project is on fedora Os but i want to generate exe file to import it to the windows Os

ChrisW67
1st March 2013, 20:03
See the earlier links about how to set up a cross compiling enviroment if you really want to build Windows executable on a Linux machine. It is generally much easier to just move the Qt project source code to build enviroment on Windows and build it there.

sliverTwist
1st March 2013, 20:09
I have tried that before but it didn't worked for me

Gokulnathvc
15th March 2013, 10:06
You better install the same Qt version in windows machine, and open this project in Qt windows and build it. You will get the .exe, decide yourself about static/dynamic linking of libraries and dll's.

sliverTwist
15th March 2013, 10:19
i am afraid that this is impossible for my situation because my project uses some libraries that are only included in an OpenSUSE OS
i need to cross compile the project simply but the "API" for windows an mac os are missing from my cross compiler !!
i think that's my problem

ChrisW67
15th March 2013, 23:48
If you are building an application for a Windows environment and it needs some library to function then you have to also have a Windows version of that library. That requirement is unchanged by where you are building the Windows application; on a Windows machine or cross-compiling on a Linux machine. Cross compiling for a Windows target will not make a Linux-only library magically work on Windows.