PDA

View Full Version : Equivalent of NSData

ggdev001
1st March 2013, 11:34
Hello,

I was wondering if there was an equivalent to NSData (https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSData_Class/Reference/Reference.html) in Qt?? If yes, what?? Thanks.

^NyAw^
1st March 2013, 11:43
Hi,

Have you readed any Qt doc?
You are asking all the time to any equivalent apple SDK class to a Qt class.
Take a quick look on Qt classes and if you find some class that maybe is what you need, read it's documentation. Then if you don't understand how it works or you have some problem we can help you.

ggdev001
1st March 2013, 11:49
Hi,

Have you readed any Qt doc?
You are asking all the time to any equivalent apple SDK class to a Qt class.
Take a quick look on Qt classes and if you find some class that maybe is what you need, read it's documentation. Then if you don't understand how it works or you have some problem we can help you.

Well this time I was searching for it also on the internet... since I didn't find anything, that is why I came here... I will continue my search...

ps. I think this seems close to it?? QByteArray ??

wysota
1st March 2013, 12:28
What a nice approach... instead of you searching how to convert one type that you know into another type that you don't know, you ask us to search how to convert one type we don't know into another type that we know.

ggdev001
1st March 2013, 12:43
What a nice approach... instead of you searching how to convert one type that you know into another type that you don't know, you ask us to search how to convert one type we don't know into another type that we know.

No, I thought maybe you knew better - because actually I didn't even quite get very well what NSData was like (as a structure)... anyway I think QByteArray seems close it..

wysota
1st March 2013, 12:56
We're not omnipotent, it's a Qt forum, not an iOS forum. We solve Qt issues, not iOS issues. If you ask "what is a Qt class for storing a sequence of bytes" then we will answer. If you ask "hey I've been using XYZ in ABC technology, what is its equivalent in Qt" then you ask us to search for ABC and XYZ and read its docs (provided there are docs at all) long enough to understand what XYZ does and only then think about a Qt alternative. People don't really want to do that.

ggdev001
1st March 2013, 13:07
then you ask us to search for ABC and XYZ and read its docs (provided there are docs at all) long enough to understand what XYZ does and only then think about a Qt alternative. People don't really want to do that.

In this case of course I assumed a person who would answer here already knew what NSData was.

MarekR22
1st March 2013, 14:51
Most probably you need QByteArray

ggdev001
4th March 2013, 08:14
Most probably you need QByteArray

Yes, I also have the same opinion now that I looked at docs of both classes.. thanks anyway