PDA

View Full Version : Remove the Closse button (X) on the top right side

Sheetal
25th January 2007, 13:33
How can i remove the close button i.e X present at the top right corner from my Dialog form?

wysota
25th January 2007, 14:28
From within Designer? You can't. You need to pass appropriate window flags to QWidget's constructor to do that.

impeteperry
28th January 2007, 15:53
How can i remove the close button i.e X present at the top right corner from my Dialog form?
I am running "Kubuntu", a KDE desktop,
In the "System Settings>Look and Feel>Appearance>Window Decorations>button" you can drag the dastardly "X" to the left end of the title bar where it belongs.
I can't do this in "gnome" therfor i don't even think of using it!!!
Hope this helps

Sheetal
21st February 2007, 14:59
Hi,

I have created my screens using the QT Designer. I want to disable the "X" ( close button) present at the right top corner. How can i do that??

Sheetal
21st February 2007, 15:03
should i paas these flags from the init function??
what exactly do i need to do?

impeteperry
21st February 2007, 21:01
Hi,

I have created my screens using the QT Designer. I want to disable the "X" ( close button) present at the right top corner. How can i do that??
As I said in my previous post, if you are using a KDE desktop, which I assume you are if you are using "designer" you can drag the "X" to the left end of the title bar by
"System Settings>Look and Feel>Appearance>Window Decorations>button" If you set this before using "designer" it will there in "designer", also in "Kdevelop" for that matter, or any other programs you run in the "KDE"
desktop.

If you want it to be embedded in your program itself, mysota will have to answer that.

wysota
21st February 2007, 21:35
If you want it to be embedded in your program itself, mysota will have to answer that.

I think I already did.