PDA

View Full Version : 802.1x in Qt

radmir
6th March 2013, 05:19
Hi, All,

after incorporating 802.1x authentication protocol in our wired net I lost ability to go through proxy?
Does anybody know where is the obstacle?
Qt 4.8.2.

Thanks for any help,
Radmir

ChrisW67
6th March 2013, 05:28
You broke your LAN, you get to keep the pieces. What does this have to do with Qt?

radmir
6th March 2013, 06:13
Why I broke the LAN?
All software in Windows can go through proxy, but Qt-example (demos/browser) can't? It continually requests username and password, despite proxy and all configured right.
Radmir

ChrisW67
6th March 2013, 08:08
after incorporating 802.1x authentication protocol in our wired net
The thing you changed; you added EAP authentication to your LAN ports.

I lost ability to go through proxy?
The thing that broke as a result; implying it was working before you changed the LAN above, and not afterward. If something breaks a result of a change then the change is the trigger of the problem.

Apart from this you provided absolutely no information about what it was that was accessing something using some sort of proxy, or why you thought it had something to do with Qt.

IEEE 802.1x authentication has nothing to do with proxy authentication and so it still seems completely unrelated to the actual problem.

All the Qt demo browser does is pass on the credentials you give it when prompted for a proxy password. The QAuthenticator supports Basic, NTLM version 2, Digest-MD5, so if your proxy is expecting Microsoft's latest incarnation of single-sign on or some use of a RADIUS server this may be your issue. I suggest you look at your proxy's log files to find out why this is being rejected.

radmir
11th March 2013, 05:22
Thank for an answer. It seams all is more complicated than I think. I got tcp log and saw there is a long negotiating process between client and server. Additionally we have Forefront installed, so it takes time to guess what was happening. Samples (browser, weathertrayicon) are only samples, and they must be rewritten to correspond my situation. Thanks. Further, I hope I can manage myself. The question may be closed.
Radmir