PDA

View Full Version : QFormbuilder : can not create widget of Q3ListView

user_mail07
26th January 2007, 01:03
QT -4.2.2 Ver

I have ported a application from Qt 3to 4 but I am having a problem with loading list-view items using Q3ListView class. The application compiles & builds fine but when trying to load list views it does notwork. The output windows displays message QFormBuilder ::Can not create widget of Q3ListView.I am using QFormBuilder class from QtDesigner module to load UI forms. QFormBuilder loads all other UI forms fine when there is no ListView items defined. But UI forms that contains Q3ListView items don't load at all. The application start crashing when you try to load UI widget or dialog with Q3list view items. I have tried to use QUILOader or QAbstractFormBulder still did not work. All plugins for Qt has been built properly. I have seen that above message for Q3GroupBox QFormBuilder ::Can not create widget of Q3GroupBox but when i changed Q3GroupBox to qt 4 QGroupBox in UI form it worked fine. However for time being I can not change Q3ListView to Model/View QTreeWidget .so I just want to keep Q3ListView. All other Qt3 support lib classes works fine.

QFormBuilder builder;
QFile file(strPath);
file.open( QIODevice::ReadOnly );
QWidget *myWidget = builder.load(&file,pParent);
file.close();

any hint or idea will work.

wysota
26th January 2007, 01:15
Use QUiLoader instead of QFormBuilder. The latter does not support custom widget plugins (and Q3ListView is implemented inside a plugin) out of the box.

user_mail07
26th January 2007, 01:58
I have replaced with QUILoader to load UI files but still I am getting QFormBuilder: Cannot create widget of q3list view. I am not using formbuilder at all in my code. Even in pro file I have replaced with UiTools module to link against this lib. But still it is displaying in Qformbuilder :can not create widget.

wysota
26th January 2007, 10:04
Do you have libqt3supportwidgets.so/dll/dylib in your QTDIR/plugins/designer directory?

user_mail07
26th January 2007, 19:42
Yes I have these libs in my plugins/designer folders. But I try to execute simple test application to load Q3support classes. However I noticed QUILoader is not loading any Q3Support at all on my system. For instace I have crated a UI form that consists of two frames One is QFrame and other is Q3Frame. When I executed the UI appeared with only Frame that was QFrame. The output message appeared QFormbuilder :: can not create widget of Q3Frame. It seems like a loader is not loading any Q3Support widgets or items. I have added all those QT += qt3support modules to pro file. even application builds fine but UI does not load Q3 support things. Do i need to change something in QUILoader.cpp source file?

user_mail07
27th January 2007, 00:12
Probelm solved. Qt 4.2.2 reinstallation fixed this problem.
Anyways thanks for the quick reply.