PDA

View Full Version : Qt process strange behavior

rspock
13th March 2013, 13:50
I have a qt 4.8 embedded application that run on arm based board with linux emdebian.

When I run the application I see the process disappears and re-appears with the same process id.

I put the application running at startup by inittab with the respawn mode and every time the process disappears a new instance is made.

I don't know if it is a qt related problem or something about the SO.

Thanks

wysota
13th March 2013, 14:22
I don't know if it is a qt related problem or something about the SO.
So why are you asking that here?

rspock
13th March 2013, 15:51
Because I don't know if it is a qt related problem or something about the SO and i'd like to exclude the first scenario.

Thanks.

wysota
13th March 2013, 18:43
It's rather not Qt related.

ChrisW67
15th March 2013, 06:47
If your process is launched by inittab with the respawn option, and init respawns the application when it terminates then this sounds like a description of correct behaviour.

If the problem you really wanted to address is, "Why is my application terminating?" then you might consider asking that question and providing some information. At the very least the environment provided by init to the running process is likely to be different from your normal shell.

wysota
15th March 2013, 17:11
If your process is launched by inittab with the respawn option, and init respawns the application when it terminates then this sounds like a description of correct behaviour.

Respawning would give a different pid each time and OP claims it is "re-appearing with the same process id". This doesn't really sound like restarting.