PDA

View Full Version : QPixmap as background of QWidget

Alan_K
15th March 2013, 17:33
Hi all.

I have a little problem with my application, so I'm working at program, that can be used to take screenshots of desktop, but only area which I select, next - save image to file/share via mail etc. My current layout exclude use QLabel element and set his pixmap in my viewer, so I must use QWidget object. I read documentation and I understand, that QWidget's background can be change only with CSS using. But I have no idea what I should do that, when I have an image in QPixmap; of course I want do it without saving this screenshot on hard disk.

originalPixmap = QPixmap::grabWindow(desk.winId());
ui->mainWidget->setStyleSheet("background-image: ???"); //what here?

Any ideas?
Thanks.

//Ok, it was easier than I thought. This is the answer:

originalPixmap = QPixmap::grabWindow(desk.winId());
QPalette palette;
palette.setBrush((this)->backgroundRole(), QBrush(originalPixmap));
(this)->setPalette(palette);

d_stranz
15th March 2013, 18:52
Alternatively, you can implement the paintEvent() for your widget, and inside it call QPainter::drawPixmap().

If you set the palette's background brush the way you are now doing, I think the pixmap will be tiled (or clipped) if it is a different size from the widget you use to display it. When you use QPainter, you can scale the pixmap to fit the window if that's what you want.

anda_skoa
17th March 2013, 15:03
I think it should also work to use the label as a container widget. Sounds weird but a QLabel is a QFrame and that is a very common container.

Cheers,
_