TARGET = LB124Simulator
TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp\
lb124window.cpp

HEADERS += lb124window.h

FORMS += lb124window.ui

If I try to compile the program with qtcreator I get the error message

qwt_plot.h: No such file or directory

What is going wrong or what can I change to get the code compiled?

Is there any possibility to see which directories are searched by qmake to find these headers?

Thanks in advance

Lodo2609

K4ELO
17th March 2013, 19:48
I don't see an INCLUDEPATH line in your pro file that points to the Qwt header file directory.
So Creator can't find them.

Uwe
18th March 2013, 06:58
The project file looks o.k. to me ( beside that QWT_DLL is not necessary, what is already defined in qwt.prf ):

Have a look at the compiler command to see if there are any of the definitions you find in the installed qwt.prf ( f.e. the -DQWT_DLL ). If not qmake didn't process qwt.prf: the reason for this might be that you are using a different version of Qt in the creator than the one you were using on the command line.

What happens when you try to build your project ( qmake + make ) from the command line - without the creator ?

Uwe

PS: you don't have to set the INCLUDEPATH like K4ELO wrote - it is set in qwt.prf !

lodo2609
18th March 2013, 16:59
In my desperation I added the following lines to my pro-File and it didn´t work.

win32 {
INCLUDEPATH += \
C:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/include

LIBS += \
-LC:/Qwt-6.1.0-rc3/lib \
-lqwtd

}

So I changed the delimiter of the different directories from / to \.

win32 {
INCLUDEPATH += \
C:\Qwt-6.1.0-rc3\include

LIBS += \
-LC:\Qwt-6.1.0-rc3\lib \
-lqwtd

}

Then it worked! I know, this is not the "right" way to use the qwt library. So is there maybe also the wrong delimiter used in the qwt.prf file?

Thanks
Lodo2609

Uwe
19th March 2013, 07:03
So is there maybe also the wrong delimiter used in the qwt.prf file?
There are many users working with exactly your environment using qwt.prf like it is. Also qwt.prf doesn't contain any path names it only includes the same files that are used for building qwt.

As you have built Qwt from the command line and fail with building your application with the creator it is obviously a misconfiguration of the creator on your side. I'm pretty sure you can build your applications successfully with qmake/make from the command line with your initial configuration.

Uwe

M4chin3
19th March 2013, 22:38
Hi lodo2609,

i had the same problem, you have to do point 11. of this: http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/53787-HowTo-Installation-of-Qt-5-0-1-and-Qwt-6-1-0-rc3-(Win7-64bit)

Addition: And restart your creator, otherwise it won't load your user variables and won't find the new one.

lodo2609
24th March 2013, 09:04
Hi,

the recommendation of M4chin3 worked. Thank you. But now i have the next problem. The qwt designer plugin doesn' t work with qt creator. I get the error message "Cannot load library qwt_designer_plugin.dll The specified procedure could not be found." I already added the user variable named "QT_PLUGIN_PATH" as said in point 10., but this does't solve the problem. Do I have to do anything else?

Thanks
Lodo2609

M4chin3
25th March 2013, 17:46
Hi,

my tutorial doesn't get the qwt creator plugin running. I got the same error, but i didn't try to fix this yet.

Sorry i can't help you with that.