PDA

View Full Version : help for reading excel using QT 4.8

beiji
31st March 2013, 18:03
hi,
I am trying to read the excel file by using the QT,some cells in this excel file are composed of check boxes , which I mean one cell have more than one check box in it.
The problem is I can not find the way to locate the check box.
I know the way to handle the cell,but I can not locate the check box in that cell.

Your help in the matter is greatly appreciated.
--
Regards,
Bin.

amleto
31st March 2013, 18:12
http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/8288-How-can-I-Read-Write-Excel-File

beiji
1st April 2013, 15:45
Hi amleto,
thanks for your reply.My problem is how to find a check box in one cell.Like the image I pasted below.
In cell of A1:A1, there are two check box,so if I want to handle one of the check boxes,first I should find the check box in A1:A1.The question here is I don't know which function in QT can help me do that.

d_stranz
2nd April 2013, 00:04
There isn't any function in Qt that will read a cell from an Excel file and tell you if it has checkboxes in it, and if it does, which ones are checked.

Excel is not Qt. Just because Excel tables and Qt tables can each contain checkboxes in their cells doesn't mean you can use one tool to read the values from the other.

beiji
2nd April 2013, 02:14
Well, that's what I got from the webpages ,which tell you how to open and save one excel by QT,but none of them tells you how to search a checkbox in excel.
QT have the ability to handle the data in cells,like the number and string or something else ,but the control.If it's true, this question is definitely unsolvable.At least I get the reason finally.
So thanks a lot for your help.

ChrisW67
2nd April 2013, 02:30
If you can access information on the Windows checkbox controls embedded in the Excel cell through the Excel COM API (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff194068.aspx) then you should be able to access it from Qt using ActiveQt... otherwise you are out of luck.