PDA

View Full Version : issues with UIC not creating cpp files after migrating from 4.7.4 to 4.8

KenJustKen
31st March 2013, 23:43
I am in the process of trying to get my mac OSX 4.74 project to the latest 4.8 and I have download and installed all of the files, have all of the command lines tools from Xcode and build a new project in the Qt Creator. When I brought my existing project of about 10-15 Cpp files and about 10 forms and after I got all of the compiler errors resolved, I ran qmake on the project and it seems to run ok.

I then build all the compiler compiles my support cpp files but I get the following error message when it starts on the form files. How do I fix this? Is seems that the uic is not creating the cpp file here.

14:29:42: Running steps for project eP1_mac...
14:29:42: Starting: "/usr/bin/make"
/Developer/Tools/Qt/uic ../eP1/calibrationform.ui -o ui_calibrationform.h
make: *** No rule to make target `calibrationform.cpp', needed by `calibrationform.o'. Stop.
14:29:42: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project eP1_mac (kit: Mac)
When executing step 'Make'
14:29:42: Elapsed time: 00:00.

I am building on a freshly rebuilt machine and I also have my old system next to me. Any help would be appreciated since I can not make progress and I need the 4.8.4 to run on the new Mac OSx.

Ken

ChrisW67
1st April 2013, 03:52
There is no issue with uic in your output snippet. uic does not generate the missing file; it generates ui_calibrationform.h. The missing file is one you provide (often from a template originally generated by Qt Creator that #includes and uses the ui_calibrationform.h file).

KenJustKen
1st April 2013, 04:33
I just figured out what I was doing wrong after I took a long nap. When I copied the files from the old computer, I lost this file.