PDA

View Full Version : QtQuick2.0 and Graphic Card

alizadeh91
6th April 2013, 06:49
Hi,

1.Since alpha version I've been working with Qt5 and QtQuick2.0 but still i don't undrestand relation between ANGLE and qtquick2 ?

2. Can hardware (Graphic Card) have a significant role in QtQuick2.0 performance? What about graphic card settings?

3. How can i optimum the performance to have smooth animations and antialising text rendering ( I have lot of objects in my qml ) and all of them have animations in every second

Thanks All

wysota
6th April 2013, 09:28
1.Since alpha version I've been working with Qt5 and QtQuick2.0 but still i don't undrestand relation between ANGLE and qtquick2 ?
ANGLE emulates OpenGL using DirectX.

2. Can hardware (Graphic Card) have a significant role in QtQuick2.0 performance? What about graphic card settings?
Yes.

3. How can i optimum the performance to have smooth animations and antialising text rendering ( I have lot of objects in my qml ) and all of them have animations in every second
There is no simple answer to that question. The most general would be to avoid complex animations and to use QML profiler to find and eliminate bottlenecks from your code.

alizadeh91
6th April 2013, 11:40
Thanks wysota.
Suppose i have strong graphic card installed. So would it be better for me to use angle or -opengl desktop??? Does it matter when i release my software??

Added after 1 24 minutes:

When i want to run qmlProfiler i get this error:

"Could not connect to in-process qml profiler"

I have Qt 5.0.0 MinGW. Note that debugger is working and i've checked the checkbox in run settings.
and in output:

QML Profiler: Connecting to localhost:3768
QML Profiler: Failed to connect!

For using qml-Profiler does it nessecery to have debugging enabled?!

wysota
6th April 2013, 17:09
Thanks wysota.
Suppose i have strong graphic card installed. So would it be better for me to use angle or -opengl desktop??? Does it matter when i release my software??
It's not a matter of how "strong" your graphics card is but rather how good its drivers are.