PDA

View Full Version : Dealing With a Graphical Issue in ToolBar

korg1988
23rd April 2013, 00:46
Hi!, I'm back with a new ask!

I'm trying to do a unified toolbar on mac. The unique problem i am having is that the icon bottom appears to be greater than other applications (i have uploaded a pic comparing my application (at left) and the dropbox settings panel (at right)

You can see that my toolbar has an unwanted space at bottom, just below the QAction button, and the dropbox one (as any other OS X application) hasn't.

How could i fix it?

Regards!

ChrisW67
23rd April 2013, 01:18
AFAICT there are background pixels at the bottom of the native toolbar also, it's just the the tool button shading matches the background at the top and bottom edges so you don't see a boundary like your Qt example.

As a start you want to set the icon size for the QToolBar, set a the font size, and change your button shading to blend to the background colour at each extreme.

korg1988
6th May 2013, 21:16
I can't set the button shading, because it is part of Qt.... i just used the setUnifiedToolbarOnMac() method but when i use a "checkable" action the issue appears.
I have found this https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-20512
But i am working with python and pyside, but i don't know how to make that fix on my project! Someone there says that it is fixed on 4.8, but i'm using 4.8.2 and the problem persist haha
Help please!