PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator Error No rule ot make target needed by /.../.. MakeFile.stop file not found

Cyrebo
29th April 2013, 19:54
I was recently trying to run my project on a Windows 7 system from my windows directory. Now when I go back to Linux to run it, I get this error. I've tried to clean and build which did nothing. Then someone told me to delete the makefile and build the project again but that didn't help so right now I have no makefile for this project.

Thanks in advance.

Zlatomir
5th May 2013, 19:16
You should delete the file: PROJECT_NAME.pro.user (or don't copy that file when you move code between platforms or click on No option on "import settings" (or something similar) when you open a .pro file that still has that file and it was created on another platform) and then you will be able to add the target/s (http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtcreator/creator-project-opening.html) for the platform you use.

sunny127
7th February 2017, 11:03
1) In .pro file find your problematic .cpp file and move it few lines up, near the other .cpp files at SOURCES +=. Solved it for me.
2) Also make sure you have the right read write permissions to access the .cpp, h file.
3) If the above doesn't work, put the problematic .cpp .h files in a separate folder, outside the project folder ( not near the project folder )