PDA

View Full Version : QTableWidget cellClicked and cellDoubleClicked

WikiWiki
8th May 2013, 15:21
I have a QTableWidget with row selection, and i'm trying to treat 3 signals:
•cellClicked
•cellDoubleClicked
•customContextMenuRequested

Things seem to be fine in code: i had in mind the connect syntax, type params are correct and match, etc; and to be more specific, i "know" that the code is correct because i have the following situation:
•if i connect the 3 signals to their respective slots, only the single click and the context menú work.
•if i connect just one signal each time i compile the code and i run the program, that signal is working well (for the 3 of them).
•if i connect the single click signal and the context menu, commenting the connect macro for the double click, they work well. Same for double click and context menu.

BUT if i connect the single click and the double click, the double click is not being treated by my custom slot.

Just to clarify, each signal has a different slot, and as i meantioned above, they work well if i just connect one of them and comment the other 2 in code.

So my question is: is there any bug with the cellClicked and cellDoubleClick working simultaneously? do i have to set some flag, attribute or whatever that belongs to the QTableWidget?

I'm running out of ideas, thanks for the help!

And also, maybe the code should help:

table and slots declaration:

QTableWidget * table;

public slots:
void tableChange(int row, int column);
void tableChangeDbl(int row, int column);
void PopupMenuTableShow(const QPoint &);

the connects:

connect(table, SIGNAL(cellDoubleClicked(int, int)), this, SLOT(tableChangeDbl(int, int)));
connect(table, SIGNAL(cellClicked(int, int)), this, SLOT(tableChange(int, int)));
connect(table, SIGNAL(customContextMenuRequested(const QPoint &)), this, SLOT(PopupMenuTableShow(const QPoint &)));

Santosh Reddy
10th May 2013, 11:39
Here is an example code where all three signals are emitted.

Make a note of this

1. When mouse left cliecked -> cellClicked() is emitted.
2. When mouse left double clicked -> cellClicked() and cellDoubleClicked() is emitted.
3. When mouse right clicked -> cellClicked() and customContextMenuRequested() is emitted.

#include <QtGui>
#include <QApplication>

class Widget : public QTextBrowser
{
Q_OBJECT

public:
explicit Widget(QTableWidget * table)
: QTextBrowser(0)
{
connect(table, SIGNAL(cellDoubleClicked(int, int)), this, SLOT(tableChangeDbl(int, int)));
connect(table, SIGNAL(cellClicked(int, int)), this, SLOT(tableChange(int, int)));

table->setContextMenuPolicy(Qt::CustomContextMenu);
connect(table, SIGNAL(customContextMenuRequested(const QPoint &)), this, SLOT(PopupMenuTableShow(const QPoint &)));
show();
}

public slots:
void tableChange(int row, int column)
{
append(QString("Clicked %1, %2").arg(row).arg(column));
}

void tableChangeDbl(int row, int column)
{
append(QString("Double Clicked %1, %2").arg(row).arg(column));
}

void PopupMenuTableShow(const QPoint & point)
{
append(QString("Menu %1, %2").arg(point.x()).arg(point.y()));
}
};

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
QApplication app(argc, argv);

QTableWidget tableWidget;
Widget widget(&tableWidget);

tableWidget.setRowCount(10);
tableWidget.setColumnCount(2);
for(int r = 0 ; r < tableWidget.rowCount(); r++)
for(int c = 0 ; c < tableWidget.columnCount(); c++)
tableWidget.setItem(r, c, new QTableWidgetItem(QString("%1:%2").arg(r).arg(c)));

tableWidget.setWindowTitle("QTableWidget");
widget.setWindowTitle("Widget");

tableWidget.show();
widget.show();

return app.exec();
}

#include "main.moc"