PDA

View Full Version : OCI w/ VS 2003 woes...

croftj
1st February 2007, 21:12
Hi! I'm trying to get OCI working under Windows. I have a commercial license, and this stuff just works under Linux. In Windows, the OCI plugin is not recognized.

I'm building my app with Visual Studio 2003. I Installed the appropriate Qt-4.2.0 and built the plugin using VS2003. The DLLs are in the same directory as all the others and the Oracle oci.dll is in my path too.

Just what sort of dead chicken do I need to wave over my keyboard to make this work?

Thanks!

jacek
1st February 2007, 21:22
Where did you place the plugin? In sqldrivers subdirectory?

Qt might not want to load a plugin that has a different build key and this might happen when you compile the plugin with one compiler and Qt with other one. Also try Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) too see if there aren't any DLLs missing.

croftj
1st February 2007, 21:39
Dependency walker showed it found everything once I placed the DLL in with the qt dlls (I have a directory for the application and the QT runtime dlls).

I copied oll of the plugin directories into the same directory that the app is in. I foudn that didn't make a difference. It is getting the sql drivers (QSQLITE, QPSQL etc) from the 4.2.0 plugin directory (where everything was when I installed the prebuilt Qt distribution) I have the qsqloci.dll file in there.

I had to build qsqloci.dll, I used the same version of VS as what the qt distribution I installed. VS-2003.

BTW, the dependency walker is pretty spiff!

jacek
1st February 2007, 23:03
I had to build qsqloci.dll, I used the same version of VS as what the qt distribution I installed. VS-2003.
If all DLLs are in correct places, then problem *might* be in the build key and this would mean that you will have to recompile Qt. Since you have a commercial licence, you can ask Trolltech support --- they should know the correct solution.

croftj
1st February 2007, 23:26
Thankyou! I will do this.

wysota
7th February 2007, 10:28
Maybe you forgot to flush the plugin cache after compiling the plugin?