PDA

View Full Version : Icon to Action issue in Ubuntu environments

blueshift
29th May 2013, 12:09
Hello all,
My system is Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit machine with LXDE, XFCE, Gnome2 and Cinnamon desktop environments.

I have a basic application with toolbar and right-click context menu. Actions are set from the UI in Action Editor. Those actions are used for toolbar and also in right-click context menu. What I want is some icons on those Actions. I have used QStyle StandardPixmaps
action->setIcon(style->standardIcon(QStyle::SP_FileDialogInfoView)) and also used setIcon() method for my icons.

The problem I have is when I implement and check in LXDE environment as well as on Windows 7 machine, that icon is displayed both in the toolbar and the right-click context menu. However, the same code in Gnome/XFCE environment, that icon is invisible in the context menu. It displays correctly in the toolbar.

Is this a problem with the OS or Qt? Help needed seriously.

Regards,
blueshift

anda_skoa
29th May 2013, 18:04
Have you checked if you are using different styles?

Cheers,
_

blueshift
10th June 2013, 08:39
I checked with my own icons(png files) without using the QStyle icons; still the same problem persists.

anda_skoa
10th June 2013, 15:52
Sorry, I didn't mean trying icons from a different style, I meant checking if you are using the same widget style.
For example run the application with Windows style in all environments.

Cheers,
_