PDA

View Full Version : Qt::Key_Control on Mac OSX? It is mapped to Command key... why not the Ctrl key?

pir
4th February 2007, 13:45
Hi!

I have recently switched from Linux to Mac. And I have found that there are some really onying differences in different libraries between these two OS. The most recent I found is in Qt and is the mapping of Qt::Key_Control. On Linux this key is mapped to the Ctrl key, it seems to be quite intuitiv. But om MacOSX it is mapped to the command key. That is the key that is Alt on a PC keyboard... why is it not mapped to the Ctrl key?

Is there a way to use Ctrl key on both Mac and Linux? This can't be done by using Qt::Key_Control since this means Ctrl on Linux and Command key on Mac.

thanks
pir

pir
4th February 2007, 14:10
OK, I've missed that Qt::Key_Meta is Ctrl key on MacOSX... I suppose there are some reason for this. Because I think it really would be this one that would be mapped to the command key.

Brandybuck
4th February 2007, 23:03
The Command key is used as the Control key on the Mac, even though it also has it's own Control key. To copy and paste, for example, you use Cmd-C and Cmd-V.

This is normal for the Mac, and what Mac users expect.