PDA

View Full Version : Qt Database and Android

ITTIA DB SQL
27th June 2013, 00:19
Hello - We are thinking to support the latest version of Qt which is compatible with Android. However, Google has its own UI for Android and we are unsure what value Qt adds to the platform so we make our database, ITTIA DB SQL (http://www.ittia.com/products), compatible with this version. We appreciate your feedback.

sonulohani
27th June 2013, 13:49
After reading your post, i think that, you should try Qt for android. I dont know wheather the SQL library works or not in android other than SQLITE as android support this only. And if you go into the qt documentation then you will see that they have written a new QPA library in QT v5 which adapts the platform native look and feel whichever it is. So, you need not have to worry about the platforms. Just go for anyone, build it and Qt will adapt that. About your database, if youre able to build it using Qt for android platform, then it will definately works in android. All the best.

stereoMatching
27th June 2013, 14:15
However, Google has its own UI for Android and we are unsure what value Qt adds to the platform
I don't know what value Qt adds to the platform by now or in future
I stand along with Qt because it could cross-platform + I like the api of Qt(plus QtQuick) more than the google solution
It is extremely annoying to rewrite most of your codes because of cross-platform issues

ITTIA DB SQL
27th June 2013, 18:34
Thank you. Do you know Qt extra offering, in compare to what Google's UI, for Android developers? How popular is Qt on Android?

stereoMatching
29th June 2013, 14:58
I don't know android very well, so I can't tell you what kind of values Qt adds to the platform by now or in future
except of the portability Qt bring to to us.

About the popularity of Qt on android, Qt on android(Qt5.1) is a technical preview only
you have to wait for Qt5.2 if you need a full support on android.
Maybe Qt on android would arise the popularity from Qt5.2