PDA

View Full Version : Application executable remains silent if launched from a folder

rawfool
29th June 2013, 12:49
I've created a basic application with QDialog, built it in release mode. I'm trying to launch the exe by copying it to other folder & added all the required DLLs. But on double-clicking the application executable, it's not opening the dialog window, it just remains silent.

as per some suggestions found across by googling, I found that I need to add CONFIG += static in my .pro folder, even then it didn't help me in launching the application. I'm using Qt 5.0.2 MSVC 2010.

i've taken Qt 5.0.2 installer from this link (http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/5.0/5.0.2/qt-windows-opensource-5.0.2-msvc2010_32-x86-offline.exe). Now do I need to follow this Deployment on Windows (http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdoc/deployment-windows.html) for creating an installer(using NSIS installer) or to run from release folder by adding DLLs ?

My .pro file looks like this -

QT += core gui
CONFIG += static
greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4): QT += widgets
TARGET = SimpleDialog
TEMPLATE = app
SOURCES += main.cpp\
dialog.cpp
HEADERS += dialog.h

And list of DLLs that I've added

qwindows.dll
Qt5Widgets.dll
Qt5Multimedia.dll
Qt5Gui.dll
Qt5Core.dll
qminimal.dll
msvcp90.dll
libGLESv2.dll
D3DCompiler_43.dll
icudt49.dll
icuin49.dll
icuuc49.dll

In one other case, I've complied & built an application, I'm able to launch it in my PC (by adding DLLs as explained above), but it doesn't launch & remains silent in other PCs.
Kindly help me solve the issue. Thanks.

ChrisW67
29th June 2013, 22:28
Do you have even the vaguest idea what "CONFIG += static" does? You don't need it unless you have rebuilt a static Qt library from source in order to support statically linked Qt applications.

You need to put the DLLs into the correct locations relative to your executable. Plugins go in sub folders for example. It is all shown on the deployment page you linked under "Creating the application pacakage"