PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Error when compiling Qt4.8.5 using MinGW 4.7.2

ZikO
3rd July 2013, 00:30
Hi

I've got a simple question. I decided to compile new Qt4.8.5 using the newest version MinGW GCC 4.7.2 and I've got fatal error on the way. This is the configure command:

configure -debug-and-release -opensource -shared -platform win32-g++ -plugin-sql-mysql -I C:\ApacheMysqlPhp\Mysql\include -L C:\ApacheMysqlPhp\Mysql\lib -L C:\ApacheMysqlPhp\Mysql\lib\opt -plugin-sql-odbc -no-qt3support -plugin-sql-sqlite -developer-build

and then I've got the error related to windres:

windres: can't open file `page:': Invalid argument

I never use windres. Is the error related to a wrong version of GCC compiler? I read for Qt4.8.x GCC supposed to be GCC of version 4.4 with w32api.h v3.13. I followed exact procedure from last time I compiled 4.8.3 and everything went well, then. This time I've got this error! Any help will be much appreciated.

ChrisW67
3rd July 2013, 03:01
windres is MingW's Windows resource compiler and will be used to do things like compile version information, manifests, or icons into Windows DLLs or EXEs. It looks like it is being fed a dud command line but we cannot see that command (you can).

ZikO
3rd July 2013, 19:29
Well

The reason I decided to compile Qt4.8.5 from sources is that there's no binaries that would work with the newest version MinGW 4.7.2. I was told I'd have 2 ways to make it work: either install MinGW 4.4 which failed because there's no earlier package than 4.5 to install from MinGW SourceForge or compile Qt4.8.5 from sources using MinGW 4.7.2. The second approach also failed causing Fatal Error. I have no such knowledge to understand this sort of error. I followed the procedure from documentary. This is probably this far I can go.

Thanks for explanation on Windres but it still does not say if the problem is related to wrong compiler. Perhaps I am not able to compile Qt4.8.5 at this stage.

ChrisW67
3rd July 2013, 22:58
I have been able to compile Qt 4.8.4 with Gcc 4.6.2, which I think is available in the MingW repo. Never built it with gcc 4.7. Gcc 4.7 changed the ABI (not that this should break compilation) but gcc 4.6 binaries should be compatible with earlier 4.4 binaries.

There were a few Qt 4.8.5 cannot build bugs logged when I looked yesterday...this might be another.