PDA

View Full Version : How to create a debian package for a Qt source from DEBREATE_0.7.7-DEBIAN PACKAGEBuil

mohanakannan
5th July 2013, 08:03
Hi friends,
I’m trying to create an executable file for a simple application.I have tried some thing on seeing a video link.In that video link,they have shown the steps .I too tried…I have gone through their steps for my simple application,It has created Debian package .And i have clicked that Debian file,then my application is installed through the GDebi package installer.After that, in my desktop application category,i have seen the icon for my application.When i clicked that icon,it doesn’t do any thing..I don’t know whether i have done the correct steps. It needs to support in any other system too without Qt..Please kindly help me..I have been trying for more than 1 week..is there any other method to create executable file like i said above……

saman_artorious
3rd August 2013, 11:39
Hi friends,
I’m trying to create an executable file for a simple application.I have tried some thing on seeing a video link.In that video link,they have shown the steps .I too tried…I have gone through their steps for my simple application,It has created Debian package .

What are those steps? you didn't mention what you have done exactly to your system.

And i have clicked that Debian file,then my application is installed through the GDebi package installer.

so far so good ;)
After that, in my desktop application category,i have seen the icon for my application.When i clicked that icon,it doesn’t do any thing

Although I do not know what you've done, try executing the program manually, change to the directory where the executable is installed and use ./app to execute the app, would that work?
..I don’t know whether i have done the correct steps. It needs to support in any other system too without Qt..

How is this question relevant to Qt by the way!
Please kindly help me..I have been trying for more than 1 week..is there any other method to create executable file like i said above……