PDA

View Full Version : portable getopt() functionality

KShots
7th February 2007, 04:40
Does Qt support portable getopt()-like functionality? I'm trying to write up a server application that uses just the core and network modules (not the gui or event loop), and would greatly benefit from the unix getopt() functionality... but would rather not be restricted to unix. Thanks!

jpn
7th February 2007, 06:43
Maybe QCoreApplication::arguments() does the trick well enough? QStringList and QString are full of convenient methods for handling them.. :)

wysota
7th February 2007, 09:12
How about this?
http://www.froglogic.com/pg?id=PublicationsFreeware&category=getopt

KShots
7th February 2007, 12:35
Anything that uses QCoreApplication won't do... I'm hesitant to use Qt to begin with because I'm going for a small footprint, but I'm willing to do so if I can get away with just using the core and network modules (not gui, which QCoreApplication is part of).

I could use QString for handling it, but that would effectively be writing up my own solution rather than using a pre-existing solution.

jpn
7th February 2007, 12:54
Anything that uses QCoreApplication won't do... I'm hesitant to use Qt to begin with because I'm going for a small footprint, but I'm willing to do so if I can get away with just using the core and network modules (not gui, which QCoreApplication is part of).

QCoreApplication is part of the QtCore module.

KShots
7th February 2007, 20:50
Oops, my mistake. I was used to looking up QApplication, didn't notice that it was QCoreApplication. Thanks!

marco.stanzani
14th March 2011, 16:38
they ask for customer login. is not freeware any longer then?

squidge
14th March 2011, 18:19
It's not provided any longer, but there are alternatives such as the ones I posted in your other thread.