PDA

View Full Version : how to enable touch screen in qt/embedded

sar_van81
7th February 2007, 17:53
hi everyone,

i'm using qt-embedded 3.3.5 version.i need to have a touch screen as my input device. can anyone say me how to enable and use that with qt-embedded applications..? in configure options i searched for any options to enable.there were options for mouse and keyboard. i could not find anything for touch screen...?

can anyone provide me suggestions/solutions as to how to use that..?

thanks in advance,
saravanan

sar_van81
19th February 2007, 07:44
hi,

let me change the question. i have a serial touch screen interfaced to /dev/ttyS1 . how to enable it in qt-embedded-3.3.5 ?
in the configure option i saw options for USB touch screens (touch screens connected to /dev/input/event0).but there were no options for serial touch screens. i gave "-qt-mouse-linuxtp" in the configure option and export the environment variables as follows:

export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal
export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib/ts
export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/ttyS1.

and
export QTDIR=/usr/local/qt-embedded
export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=linuxtp:/dev/ttyS1

when i execute a qt application , the touch screen did not work and the mouse pointer disappears the moment i touch the touch screen. the following error is displayed :

"Could not read calibration: /etc/pointercal".

any suggestions or solutions for this ?

jacek
19th February 2007, 18:42
Could not read calibration: /etc/pointercal
Does this file exist?

sar_van81
20th February 2007, 10:34
hi,

No, there is no such file in the /etc folder in the board.

jacek
20th February 2007, 21:13
No, there is no such file in the /etc folder in the board.
Then maybe you should create one?

sar_van81
21st February 2007, 04:36
hi ,

can you say me how to create one ?

jacek
21st February 2007, 12:24
Google says something about ts_calibrate utility. Do you have it?

sar_van81
21st February 2007, 13:45
hi ,

yeah i searched about that. and it says to use tslib package. i had done that also. the main problem for me is that i had my device connected to "/dev/ttyS1" and the ts_caliberate.c program is used to caliberate the device connected to "/dev/input/event0". can you say me how to convert that with respect to serial port ? if you have any docs for that can you send me ?

pradeeps
25th March 2011, 11:44
Did you find any success in this?