PDA

View Full Version : Is Qt 5.0 supporting on GCC 4.4?

sonulohani
24th July 2013, 05:38
Hello,
Is the Qt 5.0 supporting on GCC 4.4? And whenever i am running qt creator it is giving error as

Failed to load core: /opt/qtcreator-2.8.0/lib/qtcreator/plugins/QtProject/libCore.so: Cannot load library /opt/qtcreator-2.8.0/lib/qtcreator/plugins/QtProject/libCore.so: (/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /opt/qtcreator-2.8.0/lib/qtcreator/plugins/QtProject/../.././libQtCLucene.so.4))

Please help me.

ChrisW67
24th July 2013, 06:24
Is the Qt 5.0 supporting on GCC 4.4?
Qt5+ requires at least GCC 4.7 on Windows in order to build the library.
On Linux the minimum GCC version is not clearly stated anywhere I have seen.

The error message is because the libstdc++ on your system is older than the one the Qt Creator binaries you have was built against. It is part of GCC 4.6 on my system although many distros have a separate libstdc++6 package or the like.

wysota
24th July 2013, 15:22
Hello,
Is the Qt 5.0 supporting on GCC 4.4? And whenever i am running qt creator it is giving error as

Failed to load core: /opt/qtcreator-2.8.0/lib/qtcreator/plugins/QtProject/libCore.so: Cannot load library /opt/qtcreator-2.8.0/lib/qtcreator/plugins/QtProject/libCore.so: (/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /opt/qtcreator-2.8.0/lib/qtcreator/plugins/QtProject/../.././libQtCLucene.so.4))

Please help me.

Why are you asking about Qt5 if the problem you have is not with Qt5 but rather with QtCreator? It doesn't seem that you are compiling anything so I don't see how the compiler version is relevant to anything here.