PDA

View Full Version : Size Grip for QMdiSubWindow on OSX

droneone
24th July 2013, 17:21
Hi all,

I'm having a heck of a time trying to make it possible to resize a QMdiSubWindow within an QMdiArea on OSX using Qt 5.1 download bundle.

I've seen bug #29434 (https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-29434) which claims the issue is fixed and can verify that the fix is applied in the Qt 5.1 sources, but it appears that the 5.1 download bundle does not produce a size grip on any QMdiSubWindow I add to it, and thus no windows can be re-sized by the user. Looking through the code, it appears that QT_NO_SIZEGRIP is a compile-time option for the Qt source code. Does this mean I have to re-compile the Qt 5.1 release to enable Sizegrips for QMdiSubWindows on OSX, and does anyone know a reason why that would've been turned off by default on OSX? Or, is it instead, there is some other activity I must perform to add sizegrips to my QMdiSubWindows on OSX?

For example, none of the following QMdiSubWindows will have sizegrips on OSX using the Qt 5.1 download bundle:

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) : QMainWindow(parent), ui(new Ui::MainWindow) {
ui->setupUi(this);

m_vbb = new VirtualBoardWidget(ui->mdiArea);

m_vbbSw = new QMdiSubWindow;
m_vbbSw->setWidget(m_vbb);

QWidget* foo = new QWidget(this);

foo->setBaseSize(100, 100);

QLabel* bar = new QLabel(this);

bar->setText("Test foo bar");

ui->mdiArea->addSubWindow(m_vbbSw);
ui->mdiArea->addSubWindow(foo);
ui->mdiArea->addSubWindow(bar);

}

Thanks!

pixsta
25th January 2015, 06:45
I am facing the same problem (even with the latest 5.4 version). Have you come up with a solution?