PDA

View Full Version : QT does not work well with ticket printer Epson TMU200

LautaroMed
28th July 2013, 19:33
Hi, I just bought a ticket printer and I've been trying to print but it prints with no spacing, looks bold and if the font size is 10 or less, it looks like the top of every letter is chopped off.

I've managed to get something "acceptable" by adding 2 spaces after every letter and setting the font size to 14, but it's obviously not anywhere near the perfect solution, I need to print big and small characters.

In the next picture I've printed with Windows Notepad and it displays perfectly, the two following are Arial 14 and Courier New 14 from QT with 2 spaces between each letter.

This is the printer I've bought: http://www.consumerschoicepos.com/epson_tm_u200_specs.htm

Here's a sample of Courier new 10 without any space between letters:

It says "jmg 899", as you can see, it's not readable.

Any help would be appreciated, I wouldn't like to leave QT for something like Visual C++ because of this...

emartinez
25th October 2013, 18:55
hi i took a while trying the same thing but I can not do this, it would be too much trouble to show me the code you used to send to print?

MarekR22
28th October 2013, 10:02
You have forgot to describe how do you perform this printing (some code).
IMO this is not Qt problem, but problem with that you didn't read documentation of printer carefully.
Since this printer has couple working mods and communication is performed by RS-232 (so you are communicating with printer directly with no drivers), problem is probably initialization of printer and/or data frame you are using.