PDA

View Full Version : Execution error

Shuchi Agrawal
8th February 2007, 12:03
hi,
i m using Qt 4.2.2 open source with mingw compiler.
wheni m executing the tutorial t14 or any one else then its giving the following error:

c:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\ mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lqtmaind
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make[1]: ***[debug\mdi.exe] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Documents and settings/*some directory*/mdi1'
mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2

can any1 help me that what can be the problem???

shuchi

wysota
8th February 2007, 12:05
You don't have debug libraries compiled. In your Start menu in the Qt section there should be a link "build debug libraries" (or something simmilar). Activate it and after some time you should have the libraries ready.

jpn
8th February 2007, 12:06
Looks like you are attempting to build a debug version of the example but don't have a debug version of Qt compiled. Either compile a release version of the example or compile a debug version of Qt (see the shortcut in the start menu).

Shuchi Agrawal
8th February 2007, 12:18
i have added C:\mingw\mingw32\bin in environment variables and its working in qdeveloper IDE.
thanks WYSOTA and J-P Nurmi :-)

one more thing : wil qdeveloper IDE wont work with nmake or do i need make of mingw???

jpn
8th February 2007, 12:39
As far as I know, only MinGW is supported.

So says their website:

QDevelop requires Qt4, gcc under Linux or MinGW under Windows, possibly gdb for programs debugging and ctags for code completion.

Shuchi Agrawal
8th February 2007, 12:56
ok
seriously thanks a lot :-)

Shuchi Agrawal
9th February 2007, 05:16
hi,
i m using Qt 4.2.2 evaluation version of Commercial version with mingw compiler and qdeveloper.
when i m executing the tutorial t1 then its giving the following error:
hi,
i m using Qt 4.2.2 open source with mingw compiler.
wheni m executing the tutorial t14 or any one else then its giving the following error:

Build(make)...
C:/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory 'C:/Qt/4.2.2/examples/tutorial/t1'
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Qt/4.2.2/examples/tutorial/t1'
Makefile.release:61***missing separator. Stop.
mingw32-make:***[release]Error2
-----------------Build finished without error---------------------

if this problem is with configuiring Qt with mingw then how to do tht because in doc its given with open source not for commercial version as there is no configure command in my version..

if anyone faced the same problem then please help me. thanks

jpn
9th February 2007, 09:54
if this problem is with configuiring Qt with mingw then how to do tht because in doc its given with open source not for commercial version as there is no configure command in my version..
As far as I know, the evaluation version of Qt cannot be rebuilt (the sources of Qt aren't even shipped with it, are they?).

Anyway, are you using MSYS?

Shuchi Agrawal
9th February 2007, 10:03
the sources of Qt are not shipped with evaluation version.
i m not using MSYS?
will reinstalling do ?

jpn
9th February 2007, 11:40
Have you installed the evaluation version from a binary installer package called:

qt-win-eval-4.2.2-vc60.exe (MS Visual C++ 6.0)
qt-win-eval-4.2.2-vs2003.exe (MS Visual Studio 2003)
qt-win-eval-4.2.2-vs2005.exe (MS Visual Studio 2005)

?

I think these pre-built versions are meant to be used with the corresponding commercial compilers and I'm afraid it's not that simple to use them with MinGW. The open source version of Qt supports MinGW.

Shuchi Agrawal
9th February 2007, 13:12
yes you are right
i got the point where i m wrong..
thanks
if u are online then can u help me in my new thread
http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-general-programming-9/t-global-variable-5585.html