PDA

View Full Version : qt and android

giugio
18th August 2013, 18:57
hello.
I would create some simple project for android with qt.
I would use qt creator, what i need for test and debug a qt android application?
is possible do all with qt creator?
is possible use qt5 and canvas?
and i wish use an opengl es 2.0 widget or gl area , with some dialog, what is the best
application or plugin for do that?
thanks.

sedi
22nd August 2013, 21:03
I would use qt creator, what i need for test and debug a qt android application?
You can either use the Necessitas Qt which bases on 4.8 or go for Qt 5.1, where Android is not
fully supported as of now. The latter seems to be pushed forward with more "steam" though.

is possible do all with qt creator?
Yes.

is possible use qt5 and canvas?
Qt5: see above. Canvas: I don't know. At least in 5.2 (due this year) it might probably be there,
it's quite possible that they have implemented it already. I have never used it in Necessitas, so
I don't know if it works there.

and i wish use an opengl es 2.0 widget or gl area , with some dialog, what is the best
application or plugin for do that?

Can't answer that. But be aware that it will be a good Idea NOT to use widgets but to go
for QML / QtQuick.

It is said to be way easier to make *mobile* UIs with that stuff. Widgets are not recommended
for the mobile sector. I can say that it's absolutely possible to use many them in Necessitas
(at least the basics), but it is a pain in the brass to get them right, you'll really be up to
some serious fixing and tweaking. I'd consider it a mistake to use them, if you start something new anyway.

giugio
22nd August 2013, 23:42
thanks.
But with QML / QtQuick is possible use an opengl area or better opengl es 2.0 area?
thanks.