PDA

View Full Version : qt creator and linux ubuntu

giugio
20th August 2013, 19:57
hello.
I would migrate from win 7 visual studio 2012 to linux qt creator.
I would create a library first and for that i'm used to create subproject that are .dll under win 7 and for each project i have post build event that copies all the .h from the dir of the subproject to a common include folder.
And the dlls are creates in a specific folder
Then when I writing the project i must import the .dll files and include the include directory with all the .h.
There is some documentation for create a makefile(i think that this is all that i need)?
and for the dll and the equivalent under linux, .lib files and g++ compiler what i should read?
I need to some information on linux for writing c++ projects .
there is a book or some other documentation online or better , a tutorial?
thanks.

saman_artorious
21st August 2013, 11:25
You need to write those dll files again with .h and .cpp files. However, if you are sure about the functions compatibility, create a .so library and add it to your project under Ubuntu.
Working with qt is quite straight forward, just go for new project, choose a GUI project and that's all, start adding your classes to it.
Try to google your questions as well, this way you can find some short articles which guide you through the process.
Should you need more information, we would guide you more.

anda_skoa
21st August 2013, 12:30
hello.
I would create a library first and for that i'm used to create subproject that are .dll under win 7 and for each project i have post build event that copies all the .h from the dir of the subproject to a common include folder.

And the dlls are creates in a specific folder
Then when I writing the project i must import the .dll files and include the include directory with all the .h.

You can do the same with Qt project files.

There is some documentation for create a makefile(i think that this is all that i need)?

Makefiles are generated from simple project description files using a tool called qmake.
It takes a .pro file as its input and generated platform specific makefiles or IDE project files (e.g. for Visual Studio)

The Qt documentation has a tutorial on qmake and additional documentation on its capabilities.

and for the dll and the equivalent under linux, .lib files

No, the equivalent to .dll files are .so files (dynamic libraries)
.lib files are the Windows equivalent to Unix .a files (static libraries)

I need to some information on linux for writing c++ projects .

With Qt that is the same on every platform: you create the header and sources files, add them to a .pro file, let qmake generate makefiles and then build the project.
QtCreator can obviously do all those internally.

Cheers,
_