PDA

View Full Version : Building Qt5 for Cross-Compilation

jdudeck
26th August 2013, 17:59
Good afternoon,

I have been trying to get Qt5 compiled, with a mkspec that will allow cross-compilation for beaglebone from Ubuntu 13.04. After a day of work, I am able to get Qt to accept the mkspecs (was using a tutorial for Qt4), however, the following error is thrown during ./configure :

qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtbase/configure: 1269: shift: can't shift that many

This is my configuration command:

./configure -developer-build -opensource -confirm-license -xplatform angstrom-arm-gnueabi-g++ -little-endian -prefix /usr/local/beaglebone/qt4.8-arm -c++11 -nomake

This is my mkspec file (named angstrom-arm-gnueabi-g++)

#
# qmake configuration for building with arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++
#

include(../common/linux.conf)
include(../common/gcc-base-unix.conf)
include(../common/g++-unix.conf)

# modifications to g++.conf
QMAKE_CC = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc
QMAKE_CXX = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++
QMAKE_LINK = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++
QMAKE_LINK_SHLIB = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++

# modifications to linux.conf
QMAKE_AR = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ar cqs
QMAKE_OBJCOPY = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-objcopy
QMAKE_STRIP = arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-strip

load(qt_config)

All environments (i.e. angstrom toolchain) are installed and verified. Also, removal of the -nomake option will do nothing but display a help section with details on each of the configuration options. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jdudeck
26th August 2013, 20:48
The nomake was throwing it into the shift error, but as I said before, it just displays help information. Qt 4.8.5 does not hit this wall, but fails at another point claiming the object files are not in a proper format.

I have also tried to manually set up an environment that would build using the tools supplied in the toolchain for angstrom, but I get this error when I try to compile:

make: c: Command not found
make: [Tunes.o] Error 127 (ignored)