PDA

View Full Version : Debugging with Qt Creator 2.8.1 + Qt 5.1.1 on OS X 10.8.4

agarny
2nd September 2013, 18:13
Hi,

I am trying to debug my project using Qt Creator 2.8.1 + Qt 5.1.1 on OS X 10.8.4 and though my application works fine, I am just not able to debug it. Here is what I get in the application output window:

Debugging starts
Could not find object file "/Users/bld.qt/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/DQTC-LGPLRELEASEBUILD510-OSX106/qt5_workdir/w/s/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/minimal/.obj/debug-shared/main.o" - no debug information available for "main.cpp".
Could not find object file "/Users/bld.qt/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/DQTC-LGPLRELEASEBUILD510-OSX106/qt5_workdir/w/s/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/minimal/.obj/debug-shared/qminimalintegration.o" - no debug information available for "qminimalintegration.cpp".
Could not find object file "/Users/bld.qt/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/DQTC-LGPLRELEASEBUILD510-OSX106/qt5_workdir/w/s/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/minimal/.obj/debug-shared/qminimalbackingstore.o" - no debug information available for "qminimalbackingstore.cpp".

Would anyone have any idea as what is going wrong here?

Cheers, Alan.

wysota
2nd September 2013, 22:39
It seems your app is built in release mode without debugging symbols.

agarny
3rd September 2013, 08:15
Well, I didn't expect that, but you are correct (so, thanks for that indeed!). I mean, according to Qt Creator, I was building in debug mode (hence I thought it was all fine), but the Qt project I was trying to build hard-coded the fact that it should be built in release mode (!!). So, I commented out the line that does that and now everything is fine: I can now debug the project without any problem. (FWIW, I am still getting the exact same messages I mentioned in my original message.)

wysota
3rd September 2013, 10:51
Try rebuilding the project from scratch. If needed, delete all the intermediate files by hand.

agarny
3rd September 2013, 12:56
I tried, but to no avail. As it happens, I have just tried with another Qt project and I got the same (looking, if anything) messages. Maybe I am missing something in my Qt Creator settings, I don't know. All I can say is that those two projects use QMake while my main (personal) project uses CMake and I have never seen anything like that with CMake.