PDA

View Full Version : iOS Support

ccbaci
13th September 2013, 12:16
It seems like Qt's iOS port is going to be finalized by the end of this year. I know Qwt is a widget library which is inheriting and reimplementing Qt classes; so it should work fine where Qt is usable. But still wanted to make sure if there is a new requirement or configuration we are going to need for iOS?

Uwe
14th September 2013, 10:47
To be honest I don't know much about the IOS and Andoid ports of Qt so far, but as long as it is not Scene Graph only there should be a way to run a Qwt 6.x.

Concerning the plot framework my plan for the future is a design where you will have a plot scene that can be painted to a widget - like today - but can also be used to feed a QQuickPaintedItem. Of course all interactive parts like the pickers, zoomers need to be implemented twice ( so much about the Qt mantra: "write once ..." :mad: ).

For the other controls ( sliders, wheels, knobs ... ) I'm not sure if there is enough interest for implementing QML components with a similar functionality ?

Uwe

bigjoeystud
20th September 2013, 16:47
Concerning the plot framework my plan for the future is a design where you will have a plot scene that can be painted to a widget - like today - but can also be used to feed a QQuickPaintedItem. Of course all interactive parts like the pickers, zoomers need to be implemented twice ( so much about the Qt mantra: "write once ..." :mad: ).

Would this let us use Qwt without a GUI so we could make a command line program which outputs an image? That would be nice...

Uwe
21st September 2013, 08:14
Would this let us use Qwt without a GUI so we could make a command line program which outputs an image?
Sure, this would part of that story.

Uwe