PDA

View Full Version : Square function

^NyAw^
12th February 2007, 18:11
Hi,

Is there any Qt function to get the square of an integer? I'm not able to find it.

Thanks,

jacek
12th February 2007, 18:19
Is there any Qt function to get the square of an integer? I'm not able to find it.
No there isn't one, because you can write one yourself in a few seconds.

^NyAw^
12th February 2007, 18:22
Hi,

Ok, thanks. I will use the functions that are avaiable in the standard mathematic functions in "math.h".

Thanks,

Gopala Krishna
12th February 2007, 18:32
Hi,

Ok, thanks. I will use the functions that are avaiable in the standard mathematic functions in "math.h".

Thanks,

Use <cmath> since all methods are enclosed in std namespace. "math.h" is C header file not c++. :)

^NyAw^
12th February 2007, 18:39
Hi,

"math.h" is C header file not c++

I know. "math.h" is the header file. I don't said anytime that it is c++. What do you understand with that is not c++ ?

I only want the function that returns me the square of a number and it doesn't matter if ther is a class that resolves it or is a function. So I could use sqrt function including math.h or using the std namespace that will call the same function.

Thanks for the reply

Gopala Krishna
12th February 2007, 18:51
Hi,

I know. "math.h" is the header file. I don't said anytime that it is c++. What do you understand with that is not c++ ?

I only want the function that returns me the square of a number and it doesn't matter if ther is a class that resolves it or is a function. So I could use sqrt function including math.h or using the std namespace that will call the same function.

Thanks for the reply

Yep, anything will do as long it solves problem. I guess I am too much into c++ ;)
Sorry for the "offtopic" answer.