PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean? QWindowsBackingStore::flush: GetDC failed()

JasonKretzer
18th September 2013, 14:15
Had an app that I am working on suddenly stop after a couple of days on continuous use - basically just rotating a series of images on the screen. The log filled with these entries. They were intermittent at first but then eventually took over the log with these, over and over again.

CRITICAL: QWindowsBackingStore::flush: GetDC failed ()

Any ideas on how to keep this from happening or even what these mean? I googled this and I get a lot of BitBlt failed information, but none like these.

wysota
18th September 2013, 16:58
Fix your rendering code.

JasonKretzer
18th September 2013, 17:11
Thanks for your reply but I do not see why you bothered.

These messages are not coming from any code that I have written in the sense that I am actually directly calling the flush on the QWindowsBackingstore. It must be coming from a component(s) that I am using which are all standard Qt objects. I use QWebView, QMovie, QImage, QMediaPlayer. In my original post, I put that it was basically displaying images and perhaps I should have been more verbose. I also display html and small video snippets. I was mainly just curious if other folks had seen this and what their cause had been.

wysota
18th September 2013, 17:35
These messages are not coming from any code that I have written in the sense that I am actually directly calling the flush on the QWindowsBackingstore.
No, but it is a consequence of something you have done. What it is -- I don't know, you didn't show us any code of yours. My best blind guess would be that it is something related to threads but then again it is only a blind guess.