PDA

View Full Version : cannot find -lGL (Windows)

nomadscarecrow
25th September 2013, 23:27
Hi...

I'm migrating my qt 4.8 code to 5.1.1. The application will run in Linux, Windows, and Mac in some moment.

My development OS is Linux, I already migrate all the code and everything looks good, except the last build step, it gave me this error:
c:/qt/tools/mingw48_32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.8.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lGL
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Similar, or "equal" error were solved adding opengl libraries to the system, in Linux. But what I can do in Windows? Same solution? How?

The application build and all Windows (Windows 7 64) related work is by using virtual machines (VirtualBox and Fusion).

And a very important question for me right now, since qt "needs" this libraries on build, my application will have a opengl related dependency? There is a definitively way to disable this?

Right now, it scares me a lot, since previous versions of my application has no dependencies beyond qt libraries.

... and what about Mac? Same situation?

Thanks in advance

wysota
26th September 2013, 06:36
But what I can do in Windows? Same solution? How?
I'd suggest using a version of Qt build with ANGLE which will require directx instead.

There is a definitively way to disable this?
Yes, you can rebuild Qt without OpenGL support.

... and what about Mac? Same situation?
Yes. QtGui now depends on OpenGL by default.

nomadscarecrow
29th October 2013, 21:44
Hi... thanks for answering.

Because other work stuff get me out of my qt project for some time... I'm back.
Right now, I get Qt build: -opengl -angle +openssl +static +release
It gets me a lot of work, since I did not find documentation to get this build. Apparently there are a lot of people out there trying to get static builds in many Qt versions with no success.

My current problem with the static build is a issue I ask here (http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/56523-windres-syntax-error?highlight=).
But now, the solution I found in that moment is not working and giving me the same error:
windres: Project_resource.rc:8: syntax error

In that moment my problem was gone inserting this information to the pro file:
VERSION = 0.000
QMAKE_TARGET_COMPANY = company
QMAKE_TARGET_PRODUCT = product
QMAKE_TARGET_DESCRIPTION = description
QMAKE_TARGET_COPYRIGHT = copyright

But now, it doesn't work.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.