PDA

View Full Version : Problem creating accessible interface

bouchebeu
1st October 2013, 11:19
Hello everyone;

I’m trying to deploy my Qt GUI application (application A) on a windows 7 computer (which is the same version of the development machine), but I encounter a warning:

Problem creating accessible interface for : MainFrame(0x…, name = “MainFrame”)
Make sure to deploy Qt with accessibility plugins.

I can see my QWindow, but there is a problem with the elements display (QWidgets and custom QWidgets don’t have background color anymore).

My first action was to try deploying another Qt GUI application (application B), which works perfectly without any warning.
The main difference between these applications is that in application A, I sub-classed several QWidgets; so my guess is that one of them is generating the accessibility warning.

My plan would be to remove one by one my customized QWidgets until I don’t have my warning anymore, but:

It’ll take some time
I won’t know what to do once I’ll find the QWidget making this warning
It may be something totally wrong

So, does anyone have an idea ? On Qt5 documentation, I’ve seen that the Accessibility API is totally different from Qt4, but since the documentation isn’t ready for it yet, none is present on this subject.
I’m a bit lost.

Thanks !

bouchebeu
4th October 2013, 09:54
Hello,

I found the problem; there was actually 2 issues;

For the warning
I had to copy the folder "accessible" (found in Qt/qtbase/plugins) into the same folder of my deployed exe.

For the image background
I had to copy the folder "imageformats" (found in Qt/qtbase/plugins) into the same folder of my deployed exe.