PDA

View Full Version : Qt exe file porting

Vivek1982
8th October 2013, 05:30
Dear All,

I'm working on Qt 4.6, I have developed some appications based on Client/Server architecture. I need run the client application in my LAN connected PC.I checked with debug folder I found one Exe.file of Qt application. So, there is any way to run Direct exe file in LAN PC with Qt Installed in that PC, without compiling code again in LAN PC.

I tried to run the exe, but gave a error "The program can't start bcoz mingwm10.dll missing from your computer,try reinstalling program to fix this problem".

wysota
8th October 2013, 06:04
Deploy the missing library alongside your application.

Vivek1982
8th October 2013, 06:57
Thanks for the reply I have copied the missing mingw10.dll, which was found in C:\Qt\2010.01\mingw\bin. I copied the same in the Debug folder and recompiled code, then executed same error.. Migw10.dll missing.. Any path specification to be given?

wysota
8th October 2013, 07:17
You need to copy the libraries alongside your executable file. It is a runtime dependency, not a compile-time one.

Vivek1982
8th October 2013, 07:26
Sorry for the not understanding,Please elaborate your idea bit more. I have PC Qt installed and exe in one of the folder on Desktop. Qt is installed in C:/....... What all the libraries to be placed in that folder of exe. I need to copy all the Library files? from where I need to check this... How to run that exe file... thru command line or ?

wysota
8th October 2013, 07:52
I have PC Qt installed and exe in one of the folder on Desktop.
Put all required libraries in the same folder.

I need to copy all the Library files?
Only those your application depends on. You can use Dependency Walker to assemble such a list. You should have read the page in the docs on deploying Qt applications but I guess you considered it a waste of time...

Vivek1982
8th October 2013, 08:00
No. I go thru the documents of trolltech on Qt deployment in Windows. Something like static linking shared linking. I will check with this docs and I will give a try to create a standalone exe file still If not I will post my procedures versions etc required info, to resolove this.. thanks for all your reply.

wysota
8th October 2013, 08:04
So I guess you read the Creating Application Package section (as well as the next sections) of the manual?

Vivek1982
8th October 2013, 09:37
Thanks You Wysota... I was reading the documents as u suggested. I have installed Qt 4.6.1.. Initially I was running the xyz.exe. It was giving the missing libraries, atlast I got error of missing QCored4.dll, but it was not there in the any of the installed folder. Then I included the Qt Path of installation in Environment variables. Executable file was ready, To verify I had sent same folder/files to another machine. Added Qt path, then clicked on exe, It started working independently without code..

Thanks alot

harvey_slash
9th October 2013, 15:46
you need to configure Qt to build statically.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1BsPQue5-k
http://sector.ynet.sk/qt4-tutorial/preparations.html

this will create an exe that can run on any computer.
post your doubts