PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator UI compiler 4.8.5 includes my classes all lower case

Markus
8th October 2013, 23:44
Hi All,

I am trying to migrate a project from Mac to Linux (CentOS 6) and run into the following problem:
Qt Creator (2.8.1) turns my included file names into lower case. They show up correctly in the file list but the User Interface Compiler creating the "ui_" files uses only lower case for the #include files.
I changed already the setting under Tools-->options-->C++-->File Naming without any success.

Any suggestion how to fix this?
Markus

ChrisW67
9th October 2013, 04:19
The files "ui_*.h" are generated files and not anything that Qt Creator has anything to do with. Qt Creator preserves the case of file names it does have something to do with perfectly well here.

It's not clear exactly which include files you might be talking about. If you have include files specified for Promoted Widgets then uic preserves the case of the include file name you gave it in Designer. For example, this UI file excerpt:

<customwidgets>
<customwidget>
<class>FancyPushButton</class>
<extends>QPushButton</extends>
<header>fancyPushButton.h</header>
</customwidget>
<customwidget>
<class>UglyPushButton</class>
<extends>QPushButton</extends>
<header>Uglypushbutton.h</header>
</customwidget>
</customwidgets>

translates through uic to this C++ code:

#ifndef UI_UNTITLED_H
#define UI_UNTITLED_H

#include "Uglypushbutton.h"
#include "fancyPushButton.h"

Notice that case is preserved.

Markus
9th October 2013, 17:39
yes, you are right about this!
I am using custom widgets and It does indeed show lower case in the xml of the ".ui" file.
It newer showed up as a problem because mac file-system is not case sensitive...