PDA

View Full Version : Intallation problem Qt Creator

RussMcA
14th October 2013, 19:46
I have tried to install the latest Qt Creator on both an XP 32bit and a Windows 8 64 bit PC. In both cases the install seemed to complete without a problem, but when I then tried to get started by looking at the "Examples" as suggested, there were actually no examples present! Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrongly. Should I also download something else, maybe, which has the examples?

I am totally new to Qt and would like to use the Creator IDE to produce c-code for a project that I would like to work on.

sonulohani
16th October 2013, 06:12
You have to install Qt SDK. Only Installing Qt Creator will not solve the problem.

ChrisW67
16th October 2013, 06:51
Qt Creator is an editor that can orchestrate building a project using Qt and your C++ compiler and Qt libraries. You need both the compiler and the Qt libraries to do build a project.

The examples and documentation are part of the Qt library. The online installer from the first list here (http://qt-project.org/downloads) has options to install a Qt library set and, in the MingW versions, a compiler also. The VSxxxx versions require Microsoft's C++ compiler to be installed separately.