PDA

View Full Version : Failed QWT plugin

nehpetsa
19th October 2013, 22:05
Hi All,

I have been trying for many, many hours across multiple operating systems to get QT up and running with QWT plotting library. It has been an absolute nightmare, and I'm very close to forgetting the entire thing. I would be extremely grateful for some help from a more experienced user.

Working in Ubuntu linux, I've installed QT and QWT according to the instructions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjBpu8f0BJE (no errors along the way)

However, when in design view within QT Creator, I don't get any QWT widgets to show up. A check to Plugin Information shows that it is listed as a failed plugin with the following message:
"Cannot load library %FILEPATH%libqwt_designer_plugin.so: (libqwt.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
BUT, when I follow the filepath in terminal, the file libqwt_designer_plugin.so does actually exist! What do I need to do in order to get QWT working here? Thanks in advance for your help!

ChrisW67
20th October 2013, 10:29
Ensure that libqwt is in the system library path or in LD_LIBRARY_PATH of the environment that Qt Creator is runing in. The Designer plugin will need to load libqwt at load time.