PDA

View Full Version : I NEED TO COMPILE THE Qt LIBS SO THAT I CAN GET THE MySQL DRIVER dll ON Qt 5.1.1

ayanda83
6th November 2013, 17:24
hi everyone, I hope all is well. I'm struggling to compile the Qt libs for Qt 5.1.1 for android. I must compile the libs so that I can get the MySql driver dll's. The information I have acquired from the internet on how to do this relates to Qt 4.7.x none of it is about Qt 5.1.1. According to the information on the net, one must locate the file "src" under the Qt installation directory and then go to plugins->SqlLibs->mysql etc. the problem I have with Qt 5.1.1 is that I don't seems to find the file "src" under the Qt installation directory. can somebody help me with this.

ChrisW67
6th November 2013, 19:44
No need to yell ;)

The Qt source is readily available from the Qt Project web site downloads page.

ayanda83
8th November 2013, 13:55
So I downloaded the Qt source and I tried building the source code to get the MySql dll but the code contains errors, something about the init_thread_not being declared in the function close(). does anybody know how to solve this problem of building the sql driver?

stampede
8th November 2013, 14:23
Have you read this (http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/sql-driver.html#how-to-build-the-qmysql-plugin-on-windows) ?

ayanda83
8th November 2013, 14:28
@stampede, yes i have read it many times I was actually following the instructions in that document to build the source code.

stampede
8th November 2013, 14:40
Ok, so on which step of the FAQ are you stuck now ? Can you post the exact error output ?

ChrisW67
8th November 2013, 19:34
It is likely to be be failing because there are no Android MySql drivers (if such a thing even exists) available in the build environment. I am guessing mysql_thread_init() in the plugin open() funcion and mysql_thread_end() in close() feature among the errors... Along with all the other MySql library functions.

See thread 56202 for a possible approach.