PDA

View Full Version : which qt version do you recommand me, to download?

zirek99i
16th November 2013, 21:24
hello every one, my name is Eli kuly, and i decided lately to join the qt community, ;)
i know my english is bad, but please i need some help, my final project depend on it, and i don't have mush time left

am using windows, i Enter the download page to get the newest qt version, but i found a lot of versions for windows 32 bit, i downloaded this one, Qt 5.1.1 for Windows 32-bit (MinGW 4.8, OpenGL, 666 MB) (Info), and i face a lot of problems, and these are my question:

1. i want to create a pure c++ project, i use the new standard (enum class) on it, and whene i try to compile my program, an error pop up and said that i should use the switch -std=c++0x.
>>> where in the world am gona set that switch?

2. also using a pure c++ project: whene i try to create the release version, and copy it to a new envirenement, it didn't work, dll file is missing or something

3. what is the best version of compiler, and qt do you recommand me to download, i need to run my program on all versions of windows including windows xp, server 2003, those the latest vs compiler support that? because i spend a lot of time, trying to making it work on visual studio 2012, and am afraid, to spend the same amount of time on qt as well.

4. what is the best way to create and run pure c++ project, using win32 api from qt, on any other windows platfrom without the need of any qt library?

ChrisW67
17th November 2013, 00:02
You don't need any version of Qt to write and deploy "pure" C++ programs that use the Windows API directly. If you already have VS2012 then that will allow you target Windows versions back to XP. You will need to deploy the matching VC runtime onto the the earlier Windows versions because it is not there by default. None of that has anything to do with Qt

Zlatomir
17th November 2013, 09:40
1) For g++ (MinGW is a Windows port of gcc) you need to add QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++0x into your qmake project file (the .pro file) for gcc lower than 4.6 or QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++11 for gcc 4.7 or higher version if you want to use C++11 features.

2) Whatever C++ program you will write it will depend on an run-time environment: some shared libraries that needs to be installed on the target system (or copied in the same path with your executable - as far as i know MinGW doesn't have a "redistributable" to install <and also if you use Qt you'll need to copy one dll per each module you use>) - as ChrisW67 already said for Visual Studio 2012 you need to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 - see the answer 3)
2.1) There is also: static linkage - but i think the complicates things even further and not all libraries come already built for static linkage (example Qt)

3) Visual Studio 2012 doesn't have support for Windows Xp by default, there are some updates that added Windows Xp as a target for Visual Studio 2012, see this link (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2012/11/26/visual-studio-2012-update-1-now-available.aspx) //search a little bit more, there might be some newer updates...

4)Why download Qt if you don't want to use Qt? Use Visual Studio, you can also use an older version (example VS 2010) version if that better fit your needs (i just gave you a little starting point, i'm not sure if/how VS2012 can target Windows Server 2003, so you'll need to search a little bit yourself)

zirek99i
17th November 2013, 10:57
Why download Qt if you don't want to use Qt?

No, i want to use Qt, i like the way she works, for vs 2010, i have the ultimate version, but does not have support for C++11, all i need is a quick how to, on how to use the envirement, to best way to build and debug with qt, also create the release version (this is the important thing for me), including all the ressources, so my client, does not have to add any library or anything else, to his envirement.

another question, for pure c++ project, i see that i can not use the ressource for building form (window), is that the default, or i need to make some configuration, so i can be able to use it, to build my form.

am not saying that i don't want to use qt, no at all, i want to get ride of visual studio from my computer, and i need to know, and make sure if qt will fit all my needs.